Versatile zoom you'll want on every photo excursion
Designed to deliver top optical performance, the smc PENTAX DA* 60-250mm F4 ED SDM is a versatile telephoto zoom lens. Combiningadvanced technologies including super-low-dispersion optical elements, extra-low dispersion (ED) optical elements and PENTAX original lens coatings, this multipurpose lens assures outstanding image quality with clear, high-contrast images, even at image field edges.
It features water and dust resistant sealing for reliable operation in inclement conditions, and a PENTAX Quick-Shift Focus system allowing instant auto-to-manual focus switching. The objective lens surface is treated with the PENTAX original Super Protect (SP) coating. This special fluorine compound is applied to the lens surface through a vapor deposition process creating a surface that effectively repels dust, water and grease, making it easy to wipe off fingerprints/cosmetic marks.
With special lens coatings, ideal curvature and best positioning of optical elements, this lens is designed to optimize digital imaging characteristics, while effectively minimizing flare and ghosting.
- High performance zoom telephoto lens.
- PENTAX SDM autofocus system for accurate, quiet focusing performance.
- Weather and dust resistant construction for safe and reliable operation in the field.
- Quick-shift Focus System for instant switching from autofocus to manual focus.
- PENTAX SP coating protects the exposed lens elements.
- ED lens elements compensate for chromatic aberration.
- Focal length equivalent to 92-383mm (in 35mm format).
- Developed specifically for PENTAX digital SLRs.
- Construction 15 elements in 13 groups
- Angle of view 26.5 - 6.5 degrees (when used with PENTAX Digital SLR camera body)
- F stop range Minimum Aperture: F32
- Closest Focusing Distance 3.6'
- Maximum Magnification 0.15X
- Filter Size 67mm
- Dimensions (Length x Diameter) 6.6" x 3.2"
- Weight 36.7 oz. without hood, 39.5oz. with hood & tripod mount