Sekonic L-398A Studio Deluxe 3 Features:
The classic photo meter tracing its roots to the famous Norwood Director, the Sekonic L-398A has become a favorite with cinematographers the world over. A pure analog experience, the meter needle and exposure dial system gives you all reading combinations at a single glance.
- Instant reading of full range of aperture/shutter combinations
The analog dial gives you full range of exposure settings for both still and cine applications at a single glance. The analog needle indicates the brightness in foot-candles.
- Amorphous photosensor eliminates need for batteries
The photocell in this meter generates its own energy to move the analog meter needle. The L-398A is always ready to go. There is no need to change batteries.
- Swivel Head to position incident dome and maintain full view of display
Easily position the Lumidome for best light reception as you position the meter body for best reading. The swivel head enables walking the set to check the evenness of light levels.
- Continuous reading plus needle lock for easy and accurate readings
Press and hold the measuring button to take continuous readings in varying conditions. Release the measuring button to lock the analog needle in place for exposure calculation.
- Lumidisc for adjusting illumination contrast and measuring illumination intensity
Take selective area readings or measure several lights for ratios between highlights and shadow areas. Also used for measuring light falling on flat-field objects such as green-screens and artwork.
- Lumigrid for measuring reflected light
Replace the Lumisphere with the Lumigrid to take reflected light readings of subject areas from the camera position. An optional Slide Set (Direct Reading Slides) enables adjusting the reading meters reading range for bright subjects.
- Memory pointer retains prior reading
Just align the pointer with the analog needle to transfer brightness readings to the exposure dial. Once set, a second reading can be made to compare brightness of different lights to adjust light ratios.
Supplied with Lumisphere, Lumidisc, Lumigrid, High-slide, case and neck cord. Set of 11 direct reading slides sold separately.
Sekonic L-398A Studio Deluxe 3 Specifications:
- Type: Analog exposure meter for ambient light
- Receptor Head:
Rotating Domed Head 90° to the right, 180° to the left, Removeable for Contrast Reading
- Light Receiving Method: Incident light and reflected light
- Receptor Incident Light: Interchangeable Lumisphere and Lumidisc
- Receptor Reflected Light: Interchangeable Lumigrid
- Light Receptor Element: Amorphous silicon photocell
- Measuring Modes Ambient Light:
Aperture priority metering
Shutter priority metering
- Measuring Range (ISO 100) Ambient Light:
Incident light: EV 4 to EV 17
Reflected light: EV 9 to EV 17
- Repeatability Repeat Accuracy: (+/-) 0.3 EV or less
- Calibration Constant Incident: Lumisphere C = 340
- Calibration Constant Reflected: K = 12.5
- Display Range Film Speed: ISO 6 to 12000 (in 1/3 steps)
- Display Range Shutter Speeds Ambient:
60 min to 1/8000 sec. (in 1, 1/2, 1/3 steps)
- Display Range Aperture: f/0.7 to f/128.0 (in 1, 1/2, 1/3 steps)
- Display Cine Speeds fps: 8 fps -128 fps
- Display Range Analog Scale Aperture:
f/.7 to f/128 (in 1, 1/2 or 1/3 steps)
- Display Range Analog Scale Shutter Speed:
60 sec. to 1/8000 sec. (in 1, 1/2 or 1/3 steps)
- Battery Power Indicator Display:
Battery Capacity Checker Button and Guide Needle
Self-powered: Selenium photocell eliminates need for batteries
- Product Dimensions:
4.40x2.30x1.30 in./11.20x5.80x3.30 cm
- Product Weight: 0.40lbs./0.20kg.
- Sekonic L-398A Studio Deluxe 3
- L-398A Case
- High Slide