Sekonic L-358 Flash Meter Features:
The Sekonic L-358 displays an f-stop range of f/1.0 to f/90.9, and a shutter speed range of 30-minutes to 1/8000th-of-a-second (1/1000th in Flash mode), both of which can be displayed in full-, half-, and third-stop intervals to mirror your camera's exposure display. When set to full, the exposure is displayed in tenth-of-a-stop increments with repeat accuracy of +/- 0.1 EV.
For motion picture applications, the L-358 calculates cine readings from 2 to 360 frames-per-second. As with all Sekonic meters, the Sekonic L-358 Flash Master includes a 3-year warranty and the best customer support you're ever likely to find.
- The simple solution to creative light control with optional wireless triggering
Directional light is powerful. It guides the viewer, creates mood, and adds dimension, depth, and texture. If you want to create a signature style that elevates your photography to the next level, the mastery of off-camera lighting should be your next goal.
Subjects - clients - are not impressed with a shoot, view, and adjust photo style. Lighting ratios, ambient balance, and final exposure must be set confidently. Knowledge and use of the tools of photography assure that the outcome is the intended one. And for images like this one, the Sekonic L-358is the professional photographer's meter of choice.
- Incident Light Metering
Unlike in-camera metering, handheld, incident light meters don't require multi-patterned readings, complex exposure control systems, or +/- exposure correction when they fail. They are, in fact, the simplest and most direct way to determine exposure. And because incident meters measure the light that falls on your subject, they provide camera settings that render the image exactly the way it appears. Blacks are black. Grays are gray. Whites are white.
Retracting the Sekonic L-358's Lumisphere enables you to quickly judge the brightness of multiple light sources for fast, accurate adjustment of lighting ratios.
- Ambient Light Metering
Take shutter-priority or aperture-priority readings from 30 minutes up to1/8000 second and f/1 to f/90.9 with ¹/10-stop accuracy. The L-358 displays exposure both digitally and on an analog scale for easy readout. Custom functions enable adjusting the shutter speed and aperture readout for full-, half-, and third-stop increments to mirror the setting of your camera. You can change exposure settings after reading and the meter will automatically compensate to maintain the proper exposure. And the extended sensitivity range, EV -2 to 22.9 for ISO 100, allows taking exposure measurements in virtually any kind of light.
- Flash Light Metering
Shutter-priority readings of flash light can be made with a synch cord or cordlessly at shutter speeds from 30 minutes to 1/1000 second.The L-358 automatically resets after each reading in cordless mode to enable fast adjustment of flash brightness. The multi-flash function enables accumulating an unlimited amount of flash pops for times when a single flash pop cannot achieve the proper exposure or the amount of depth of field needed for the subject.
- Optional Radio Flash Triggering
Simply plug the optional Sekonic RT-32 Transmitter Module into the battery compartment and wirelessly trigger flash units up to 100 feet away. The transmitter offers 32 digital coded channels and Quad-Triggering Zones andis compatible with PocketWizard radio triggering systems, as well as the PocketWizard Wireless Freedom partners. Learn more about Radio Triggering.
- Analyzing Function
The L-358 is especially useful for on-location shooting to lighten shadows or reduce background detail. That's because it measures ambient and flash simultaneously and automatically indicates the percentage of flash in the total exposure. You can easily adjust the ambient flash mix by turning the Jog Wheel. The digital display indicates the camera settings and an analog display shows the relationship between ambient and flash and the total exposure.
- Contrast Function
Setting up lighting ratios or checking the evenness of a background or scene is push-button simple. Take a reading of the key or reference light and press the AVE/EV button to create a standard. Then press the measuring button to display the brightness difference between the standard and new reading.
- Additional Features
Reflected light metering: Included Lumigrid or optional 1, 5, and 10-degree viewfinder spot attachments
9-reading memory plus averaging
Illuminated Data panel
Dust-proof and splash-proof (JIS Standard Water Resistance Class 4)
Cine frame rates from from 2 to 360 fps
Sekonic L-358 Flash Meter Specifications:
Digital exposure meter for ambient and flash light
- Receptor Head:
Rotating Domed Head 90° to the right, 180° to the left, Retractable for Contrast Reading
- Light Receiving Method: Incident light and reflected light
- Receptor Incident Light:
Convertible to flat diffuser (Lumisphere in down position)
- Receptor Reflected Light:
Light receiving angle 54° (Lumigrid)
- Light Receptor Element:
2-Silicon photo diodes (incident and reflected)
- Measuring Modes Ambient Light:
Aperture priority metering
Shutter priority metering
- Measuring Modes Flash:
Measurement using the optional wireless flash radio triggering system (cumulative and non-cumulative)
Without synchro cord (cumulative and non-cumulative)
With synchro cord (cumulative and non-cumulative)
- Measuring Range (ISO 100) Ambient Light: Incident light EV-2 to EV 22.9
Reflected light EV-2 to EV 22.9 with 54° Lumigrid
- Measuring Range (ISO 100) Flash: Incident Light f/1.0 to f/90.9 (approx. f/124)
Reflected Light f/1.0 to 90.9 (approx. f/124) with 54° Lumigrid
- Repeatability Repeat Accuracy: (+/-) 0.1 EV or less
- Calibration Constant Incident:
Lumisphere C = 340, Flat Diffuser C = 250
- Calibration Constant Reflected: K = 12.5
- Display Range Film Speed: ISO 3 to 8000 (in 1/3 steps)
- Display Range Shutter Speeds Ambient:
30 min to 1/8000 sec. (in 1, 1/2, 1/3 steps) plus 1/200, 1/400
- Display Range Shutter Speeds Flash:
30 min to 1/1000 sec. (in 1, 1/2, 1/3 steps) plus 1/75, 1/80, 1/90, 1/100, 1/200, 1/400
- Display Range Aperture: f/1.0 to f/90.9 (in 1, 1/2, 1/3 steps)
- Display Range EV: EV -10.0 to EV 40.0 (in 1/10 steps)
- Display Cine Speeds fps:
2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 12, 16, 18, 24, 25, 30, 32, 36, 40, 48, 50, 60, 64, 72, 96, 120, 128, 150, 200, 240, 256, 300, 360 (shutter angle: 180°)
- Display Range Analog Scale Aperture:
f/1 to f/90 (in 1/2 steps)
- Display Range Analog Scale Shutter Speed:
2 sec. to 1/4000 sec. (in 1/2 steps)
- Exposure Out Of Range: Eu (underexposure) or Eo (overexposure)
- Memory Function: 9 readings
- Average Function: Up to 9 readings can be averaged
- Brightness Difference Function: (+/-) EV (1/10 stop)
- Flash Analyzing Function: 0 to 100 percent in 10 percent increments
- Multiple Flash Function:
Infinite number of flash readings (Only one digit is displayed when the cumulated number is ten or more)
- Calibration Compensation: (+/-) 1.0 EV (in 1/10th steps)
- Exposure Compensation: (+/-) 9.9 EV in 1/10 steps)
- Custom Functions: DIP Switch Mode Selection
- All Weather Feature:
JIS Standard Water Resistance Class 4, Splash Proof Type
- Auto Power Off: Yes, 20 minutes after last use
- Battery Power Indicator Display: Icon with 3 status
- Second ISO Film Speed Setting: ISO 3 to 8000
- Battery(Power): (1) 3V Battery, Model CR123A Lithium
- Operating Temperature Range: 14° to 122° F / -10° to 50° C
- Storage Temperature Range: -4° to 140° F / -20° to 60° C
- Radio Triggering Radio:
Complex 16/24 bit digitally coded w/ optional RT-32N Module
- Radio Triggering Channels:
1 to 16 channels standard, 17 to 32 Quad Triggering
- Radio Triggering Range: Up to 100 feet from transmitter to receiver
- Radio Wave Frequency Europe:
- Radio Wave Frequency USA Canada:
- Product Dimensions:
6.10x2.30x1.50 in./6.00x15.00x4.00 cm
- Product Weight: 0.40lbs./0.20kg.
- Sekonic L-358 Flash Meter
- L-358 Case
- CR123A Battery
- Synchro Terminal Cap