Sekonic L-308DC DigiCine Master Features:
The versatility of today's cameras is expanding at an amazing rate. Digital SLR cameras are being used to record moving images and digital video cameras used to capture still frames for printing. Whether you are a DSLR videographer, cinematographer, still photographer or involved in any facet of image capture, the Sekonic L-308DC is the perfect meter for you.
- Three ways to Meter
HD Cine Mode: Perfect for todays DSLR videographers. Make exposure readings and control light, using shutter speeds and frame rates and get aperture settings with one-tenth stop accuracy.
Cine Mode: Designed for digital cinematography. Select from the most useful frame rates and shutter angles for exposure control with one-tenth stop accuracy. Lux and foot-candle readout enables quick set up of lights.
Photo Mode: Full control for traditional still image photographers. Shutter-priority display of a full range of ambient and flash functions including Cord and Cordless flash measurement as well as ambient EV measurement.
- Three Ways to Measure Light
The Lumisphere provides incident light readings for nearly foolproof exposure readings and enables lighting that scene before talent arrives.
The Lumidisc is perfect for lighting green screens, adjusting ratios and taking lux and foot-candle measurements.
Reflected light readings enable measuring the brightness of subject tones, gray cards, light sources or window light.
- Calibration Compensation
Adjust the L-308DC to film or digital camera sensors or matching the L-308DC to other handheld meters.
- Custom Setting
Three custom settings tune meter operations and displays to fit your camera and metering requirements.
- Illuminance Measurement
Lux (lx) and foot-candle (fc) display is especially used for cinematography, theatrical and other applications that require precise control of light source brightness. Either no display, lux or foot-candle is selectable in custom setting.
Sekonic L-308DC DigiCine Master Specifications:
Digital exposure meter for ambient and flash light
- Receptor Head: Sliding Lumisphere with Lumidisc Adapter
- Light Receiving Method: Incident light and reflected light
- Receptor Incident Light:
Convertible to flat diffuser (Lumisphere slides to expose Lumidisc)
- Receptor Reflected Light: Light receiving angle 40° (Lens)
- Light Receptor Element: Silicone photo diode
- Measurement Types:
HD Cine Mode
- Measuring Modes Ambient Light:
Shutter priority metering, EV
Shutter priority metering, FPS (Frame Rate Priority) metering, Lux/FC
FPS (Frame Rate Priority) metering, Shutter Angle setting, Lux/FC
- Measuring Modes Flash:
Without synchro cord
With synchro cord
- Measuring Range (ISO 100) Ambient Light: EV 0 to 19.9
- Measuring Range (ISO 100) Flash: f1.0 to 90.9
- Measuring Range Illuminance: 2.50 to 190000lux - 0.23 to 17000FC
- Display Range Film Speed: ISO 3 to 8000 (in 1/3 steps)
- Display Range Shutter Speeds Ambient:
60 sec to 1/8000 sec. (in 1, 1/2, 1/3 steps)
- Display Range Shutter Speeds Flash:
1 sec to 1/500 sec. (in 1/ 1/2, 1/3 steps) plus 1/75, 1/80, 1/90, 1/100 sec.
- Display Range Aperture: f/0.5 to f/90.9 (in 1, 1/2, 1/3 steps)
- Display Range EV: EV -6.0 to EV 27.0 (in 1/10 steps)
- Display Cine Speeds fps:
8, 12, 16, 18, 24, 25, 30, 32, 48, 50, 60, 64, 96, 100, 120, 128
- Display Range Shutter Angle: 45°, 90°, 180°, 270°, 360°
- Auto Power Off: Yes, About 4 minutes after last usage
- Battery Power Indicator Display: Icon with 3 status
(1) Type AA 1.5V Battery alkaline, manganese or lithium
- Operating Temperature Range: 32° to 104° F / 0° to 40° C
- Storage Temperature Range: -4° to 140° F / -20° to 60° C
- Product Dimensions:
4.30x2.50x0.90 in./10.90x6.40x2.30 cm
- Product Weight: 0.20lbs./0.10kg.
- Sekonic L-308DC DigiCine Master
- L-308DC Soft Case
- AA 1.5 volt Battery
- Syncro Terminal Cap
- Lumidisc (with Pouch)