Sekonic L-208 Twin Mate Features:
The Sekonic L-208 is a compact and lightweight analog incident/reflected shoe mount meter. It was designed from the start for one-handed operation. To have it be even less obtrusive, you can mount the L-208 on your camera's hot-shoe, or bracket, by using the included accessory shoe adapter.
Designed originally as a meter for entry-level shooters, the L-208 functions perfectly as a compact, ambient backup meter for photographers of any skill level. It's incredibly economical size makes it easy to carry in a pocket for double-checking readings from your primary meter, or handing to an assistant for a second reading.
The range on the deceptively small L-208 is astonishing for such a compact footprint. It can measure exposures from 30 seconds to 1/8000th of a second. F-stops can be dialed in from f/1.4 to f/32 in half-stop increments. ISOs from 12 to 12500 can be measured in half-stop increments. EV3 to EV17 in both incident and reflected modes at ISO 100 can be measured.
After releasing the measurement button, the 'Hold-and-Read' mode locks readings for 15 seconds, allowing for extended exposure evaluation time. This gives assistants time to show photographers their readings.
The L-208 has an impressive 33-degree acceptance angle in reflected mode, ensuring an accurate reading of light sources.
The incredible compact size enables the L-208 to slip in almost any shirt or pants pocket. It weighs in at only 1.5 ounces, or 40 grams, without a battery.
The L-208 comes complete with a strap, carrying case, CR2032 lithium battery and accessory mounting shoe. It has a full, 1-year warranty, extendable at no charge to 3 years total (in the USA only) after registration, and is backed by our outstanding customer support team.
Sekonic L-208 Twin Mate Specifications:
- Type: Analog exposure meter for ambient light
- Receptor Head: Self Contained Sliding Lumisphere
- Light Receiving Method: Incident light and reflected light
- Receptor Incident Light: Sliding Lumisphere
- Receptor Reflected Light: Light receiving angle 33°
- Light Receptor Element: Silicone photo diode
- Measuring Modes Ambient Light:
Aperture priority metering
Shutter priority metering
- Measuring Range (ISO 100) Ambient Light:
Incident light EV 3 to EV 17
Reflected light EV 3 to EV 17 (with 33° angle)
- Calibration Constant Incident: Lumisphere C = 340
- Calibration Constant Reflected: K = 12.5
- Display Range Film Speed:
ISO 12 to 12500 (in 1/2 steps)
- Display Range Shutter Speeds Ambient:
30 min to 1/8000 sec. (in 1 steps) plus 1/5, 1/10, 1/125, 1/50, 1/100, 1/200, 1/400, 1/800
- Display Range Aperture: f/1.4 to f/32.0 (in 1, 1/3 steps)
- Display Range EV: EV 3.0 to EV 17.0 (in 1, 1/2 steps)
- Display Range Analog Scale Aperture: f/1.4 to f/32 (in 1, 1/3 steps)
- Display Range Analog Scale Shutter Speed:
30 sec. to 1/8000 sec. (in 1 step) plus 1/5, 1/10, 1/125, 1/50, 1/100, /200, 1/400, 1/800
- Display Range Analog Scale EV:
EV 3 to EV 17 (in 1, 1/2 stops)
- Battery Power Indicator Display:
Battery Capacity Checker Button and Guide Needle
- Tripod Socket/Shoe Mount: Standard Shoe Mount
- Battery(Power): (1) 3V Coin Type, Model CR2032 Lithium
- Operating Temperature Range: 32° to 104° F / 0° to 40° C
- Storage Temperature Range: -4° to 140° F / -20° to 60° C
- Product Dimensions:
2.60x1.80x1.00 in./6.60x4.60x2.50 cm
- Product Weight: 0.10lbs./0.04kg.
- Sekonic L-208 Twin Mate
- L-208 Case
- CR2032 battery
- Shoe mounting plate