Ricoh GXRILC Hybrid Camera is not your normal mirrorless camera system. It’s a uniquemirrorless camera with a detachable sensor. Although it looks like a puzzle,it’s very easy to understand how the body and detachable sensor/lens works.It’s a modular camera system that comes with a body, which has the LCD andcontrols,but not the sensor. The sensors are integrated with a unit that has alens, so when you swap lenses, you also change sensors. It’s a new concept, butthe photo quality of the Ricoh cameras are just as good as all the otherhigh-end mirrorless models. It can even compete with expensive digital SLRs.
The Ricoh GXR body has all you need for a mirrorlesscamera base. It holdsa3.0 inch LCD screen, system controls, power source, andrecording media. Individual lens units are attached to this base, with eachunit containing its own processing engine and sensor.
High-Performance, Compact Lens Design
Taking the lens mount out of the system means that thelenses have a freely defined back focal length from the sensor. This boostsoptical efficiency to the lens design and gives it limitless possibilities forfuture upgrades and expansions.
Sealed System for Better Dust Proofing
Since the Ricoh GXR’s lenses and sensors are in one unit,you won’t have to worry about dust getting in-between the sensor and lens whenchanging them. Dust can damage your camera and ruin photos. With this design,the sensor never gets exposed.
Easy to Use
The simple design makes this unique system user friendly.Instead of unscrewing the lens of the mount, the lens and sensor unit simplyslides into place. It makes the whole process of lens changing easier. The lockassures that the lens and sensor doesn’t come off, even when you’re movingaround.
Ricoh has developed a number of camera units that can takeon different photography styles and levels. Since the sensor comes with thelens, you won’t need to keep upgrading your camera body to get a better sensor.Every time you get a new lens, you get a new sensor. Although it does get somegetting used to, the Ricoh GXR system is worth your time and effort.
- Accessory VF-2-- 920,000 dot, 100% field of view
- 3.0-in. 920,000 dot LCD Display
- Built-in Flash
- Hot Shoe Compatible
- SD/SDHC Memory Card Slot, Internal memory
- Lithium Ion rechargeable battery
- 113.9 mm x 70.2 mm x 37.5 mm (excluding projections)
- Camera body (excluding battery, memory card, neck strap,and connector cap): 160 g
- Battery, neck strap, and connector cap: 66 g
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean,Spanish, Russian, Thai, Simplified/Traditional Chinese
- 3.0-in. LCD Display
- Durable Magnesium Alloy Construction
- Hot Shoe and Pop-up Flash
- Camera Controls, Memory Card, Battery
- An Innovative Camera System with Interchangeable Units
- Highly Airtight System for Superior Dust Proofing