26X zoom lens (22.3-580mm equivalent)
Close the distance between you and the perfect shot with the X-5's super-telephoto 26X zoom lens (22.3-580mm equivalent). This zoom feature ensures extreme flexibility for any scene or subject, near or far.
Tiltable 3.0 inch, high definition LCD screen
Enjoy effortless image composition and image playback with the X-5's large tiltable 3.0 inch, high definition LCD screen. This exceptional LCD screen offers sharp image viewing, even in bright sunlight, and allows users to shoot from high and low angles to keep the subject neatly framed in the image area.
Full 1080p30 HD video, h.264 compression
Capture full HD 1080p widescreen video at 30 FPS with high quality h.264 compression, and enjoy creative movie playback features, such as High-speed Movie mode for slow-motion playback and Time-lapse Movie mode for fast-forward playback.
Share your work with ease as the X-5's micro-HDMI port (Type D) plays back beautiful high resolution images, video and sound to external devises such as HDTVs.
Super Macro Mode
Get closer to the flowers, capture the smallest details, and reveal super crisp expressions from your subject, from as near as 1cm, with the Super Macro Mode. The X-5 also comes with an Auto Macro function, which automatically switches the focus mode to Macro when it detects the subject is close to the lens.
16 megapixel CMOS sensor
Capture beautiful, high resolution, low noise imagery with a state-of-the-art image processing engine and back-illuminated, high performance, 16 megapixel CMOS sensor. Even while shooting up to ISO 6400, the PENTAX X-5 provides users with very high resolution images.
Triple Shake Reduction
The X-5's triple shake reduction system couples the PENTAX developed mechanical sensor-shift-type Shake Reduction (SR) mechanism with a digital SR mode for stills or movie SR mode for video to more effectively compensate for camera shake. This hybrid system assures sharp, blur-free images and video, even in the most challenging camera-shake prone and low lighting conditions.
260,000 dot resolution electronic viewfinder
The 260,000 dot resolution electronic viewfinder provides effortless composition and DSLR-like handling. What you see is what you get as the X-5's viewfinder diopter adjustment delivers a consistently clear view of the subject, even under bright sunshine.
Fast Face Detection technology
Create the perfect group shot or a gorgeous portrait with the X-5's Fast Face Detection technology, as it quickly finds up to 32 subjects in any scene for impeccably focused and exposed faces.
- Type: Megazoom Digital Camera
- Sensor Type: 1/2.33-in. backlit CMOS sensor with primary color filter
- Effective pixels: 16MP
- Total pixels: 16.37MP
- Recorded resolutions (pixels):
- Still: 16M (4608x3456), 12M (1:1) (3456x3456), 12M (16:9) (4608x2592), 7M (3072x2304), 5M (16:9) (3072x1728), 5M (2592x1944), 4M (16:9) (2592x1464), 3M(2048x1536), 2M(16:9)(1920x1080), 1024(1024x768), 640(640x480)
- Burst Shooting(L/H) mode - fixed 5M (2592x1944) or 4M (2592x1464) per frame.
- Digital Wide mode fixed 5M (2592x1944 - after Merge) - fixed 3M (2048x1536 before merge) in single frame.
- Frame composite mode, resolution fixed to 3M (2048x1536).
- Digital Panorama mode, resolution fixed to 2M (1600x1200) per frame.
- Stage Lighting mode, resolution fixed to 2M (1600x1200).
- Movie: HD 1920(1920x1080): approx. 30fps, 1280(1280x720): approx.60/30fps, 640(640x480): approx. 30fps
- Quality levels: *** (best), ** (better), * (good)
- Type/construction: smc PENTAX zoom lens - 12 elements in 9 groups (3 aspherical elements)
- Optical zoom: 26X
- Focal length (equiv.): 4.0 - 104mm (22.3 - 580mm)
- Digital zoom: approx. 7.2X
- Combined zoom: 187.2X
- Intelligent zoom: approx. 39X at 7M, approx. 187.2X at 640 (including optical zoom)
- Aperture: f/3.1- 5.9
- Type: TTL contrast detection autofocus.
- Focus modes: 9 point AF, Spot AF, Auto Tracking AF, Macro, Super Macro, Infinity Landscape, Manual, Focus Point Selection
- Manual focus: Yes
- Macro focus: Yes, Macro and Super Macro available
- Focus lock: Yes, by pressing the shutter release button half way
- Focus range Normal: 1.31 to infinity (wide), 5.6 to infinity (tele) Macro: 0.33-1.64 (wide to mid zoom) Super Macro: 0.03-0.98 (at mid zoom, set automatically)
- Type: Electronic Viewfinder, approx. 230K dots. (Equipped the with diopter adjustment dial).
- LCD screen: 3.0-inch tiltable LCD (Can be lowered to approx.60° or raised to approx.90°)
- LCD resolution: 460,000 dots
- Wide angle viewable
- Type: Retractable popup series-control auto flash
- Flash modes: Auto, Flash Off, Flash On, Auto + Redeye, On + Redeye, Slow Sync, Slow Sync + Redeye
- Effective range: Wide: approx. 0.66- 38 ft (ISO Auto) Tele: approx. approx. 4.9 20ft (ISO Auto)
- Flash Exposure Compensation
- Internal memory: (approx. 75.3 MB)
- Removable memory: SD, SDHC, SDXC
- Eye-Fi Compatible
- Ports: USB 2.0 hi-speed, PC/AV Out, HDMI (type D), DC Input Terminal
- Video out: NTSC, PAL (HDMI out supports Auto, 1080i, 720p, 480p)
- Power source: 4 AA batteries (Alkaline, Lithium, Nickel and Rechargeable Ni-MH), Optional AC adapter kit is also available.
- Recordable images (approx): (330 - w/ Alkaline batteries), (500 w/ Rechargeable w/ Ni-MH batteries), (950 w/ Lithium batteries)
- Playback time (approx) : (420 min. w/ Alkaline batteries), (500 min. w/ Rechargeable Ni-MH batteries), (950 min. w/ Lithium batteries)
- Movie recording time (approx): (75 min. w /Alkaline batteries), (150 min. w/ Rechargeable Ni-MH batteries), (280 min. w/ Lithium batteries)
- AC adapter available: Yes (optional)
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 4.7 x 3.4 x 4.2
- Without battery or removable memory: 17.9 oz
- Loaded and ready: 21.1 oz
- Construction material(s): Reinforced polycarbonate plastic
- Operating temperature: 32-104°F
- Weather Resistant: n/a
- Shock Resistant: n/a
- English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Dutch, Japanese, Danish, Swedish, Finnish, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Turkish, Greek, Russian, Thai, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Still: Sensor-Shift SR, Dual (Sensor-shift SR and Pixel-Track SR), Digital SR (High-sensitivity anti-shake mode)
- Movie: Movie SR
- Type: TTL
- Multi-segment: Yes
- Center weighted: Yes
- Spot: Yes
- Exposure compensation: +/- 2 EV (1/3 steps)
- Auto, Manual (ISO 100 6400)
- Auto, Daylight, Shade, Tungsten light, Fluorescent light(D, N, W), Manual setting
- Type: Programmed AE electronic lens shutter w CCD electronic shutter
- Shutter speed: 1/1500 to 1/4 sec (up to 4 sec Manual, Night Scene modes)
- Mode selection Auto Picture, Program, Manual, USER, Movie, Handheld Night Snap, Sport, Landscape, Portrait,, Scene (Flower, Blue Sky, Sunset, Night Scene, Night Scene Portrait, , Fireworks, HDR, Surf & Snow, Baby, Kids, Pet, Food, Digital SR, Stage Lighting, Text, Museum, Digital Wide, Digital Panorama, Frame Composite), Green
- Green simplified mode available: Yes
- Face detection available: Yes (AF&AE is available in all modes, up to 32 faces), Smile Capture, Blink Detection
- P/A/S/M/B: P, A, S, M
- Date stamp: Yes, date, date-time, time (not available in Green mode)
- Digital filters (capture): Image Tone (Bright, Natural, Monochrome)
- Dynamic Range Adjustment: (Highlight and Shadow correction)
- Mode selection: One shot, Continuous Shooting, Burst Shooting (L/H), Self-timer, Remote Control, Auto Bracketing
- Continuous FPS: Approx 1.12 FPS, Burst L (5M or 4M), Burst H (5M or 4M)
- Self-timer: Yes (10 sec, 2 sec)
- Remote control: Yes
- Mode selection: One Shot, Index (4 or 9 thumbnails), Magnification, Movie Playback, Histogram, Folder Display, Select & Delete, Calendar
- Mode pallet: Slideshow, Image Rotation, Stretch Filter, Small Face Filter, Collage, Digital Filter, HDR Filter, Frame Composite, Movie Editing, Red-eye Compensation, Resize, Cropping, Image Copy, Protect, DPOF, Start-up Screen
- Magnification: Up to 10X, scrollable
- Digital filters (playback): (B&W, Sepia, Toy Camera, Retro, Color, Extract Color, Color Emphasis, High Contrast, Soft, Fish-eye, Brightness, Miniature Filter)
- Movie edit: Save as still image, movie divide
- Still: JPG (EXIF 2.2), DCF 2.0, DPOF, Print Image Matching III
- Movie (compression): AVI (Motion JPG)
- Sound: WAV (PCM), monaural
- For device connectivity. Bundled software requirements may vary.
- Windows: Windows XP/Vista/7, USB port
- Mac: Mac OS-X 10.3.9, 10.4, 10.5, 10.6, USB port
- Pentax X-5 Compact Digital Camera
- USB Cable I-USB 7
- Strap O-ST92
- Software S-SW129
- AA Alkaline Battery for X-5
- Lens Cap O-LC129