In every group shot there is always a blinker that one person who can never keep their eyes open. If the FinePix AX550 detects that someone has blinked it will tell you, so you can shoot the picture again.
Six-scene SR AUTO scene recognition
The FinePix AX550 is designed to be simple to use from the moment you pick it up. Choose a scene mode to match the subject you are shooting, or let the camera decide what settings to use with its SR AUTO scene recognition. Tackle complicated shots without getting bogged down in the technical stuff.
Point and shoot scene modes
Point the FinePix AX550 at a subject and it will recognise instantly what you are trying to take a picture of and put the camera into the right mode portrait, landscape, night, macro, night portrait or backlit portrait.
If the FinePix AX550 detects faces it will track them around the frame and direct its exposure metering and focusing towards them.
Capture the bold colours and tones in a landscape, emphasising blue skies and green leaves.
Sensitivity and shutter speed are controlled carefully to give you blur-free pictures with minimal digital noise.
Explore the close-up world and let the AX550 look after the precise macro focusing, bringing out detail in your subjects.
Use the AX550s flash to light up the people in your shot, and keep light from the background too.
When shooting into the light the AX550 carefully adjusts exposure to avoid your subject appearing as a silhouette. Point and shoot scene modes
Fantastic image quality
16-megapixel resolution and a quality 5x optical zoom deliver great looking photos and movie clips youll be proud to share with family and friends.
Lightweight compact design
The AX350 is large enough to be comfortable when shooting, but small enough to live in your bag or pocket. Available in four eye-catching colours. Lightweight portable design Coming in at a feather-like 168g, the FinePix AX550 is a camera that youll never want to leave at home. At a shade under 3cm thick it will fit in every pocket and bag, accompanying you everywhere from holidays to weddings and family parties. Robust construction, a retractable lens and a built-in lens cap help prevent accidental damage too.
Built-in social networking
Tag, search, sort, filter and edit your pictures and movie clips, then upload your favourites to Facebook and YouTube. Built-in social networking and easy internet uploadingPhotography is for sharing, which is why the AX550 was built with social networking in mind. Tag those pictures and movie clips you want to upload and the camera will do all of the leg work the next time you connect it to your home PC. And for a more traditional approach, the AX550s 2.7-inch view screen is perfect for looking over pictures with friends too. You can even search through your picture library to find just the images you are looking for.
- FinePix AX550
- 16.0 million pixels
- 1/2.3-inch CCD with primary colour filter
- Internal Memory (none)
- SD / SDHC memory card
- Still Image- JPEG (Exif Ver 2.3 )
- Movie- AVI (Motion JPEG )
- Sound- WAVE format, Monaural sound
- Still image- L : (4:3) 4608 x 3440 / (3:2) 4608 x 3072 / (16:9) 4608 x 2592; M : (4:3) 3264 x 2448 / (16:9) 3072 x 1728; S : (4:3) 2304 x 1728 / (16:9) 1920 x 1080
- Fujinon 5x optical zoom lens
- f=5.9 - 29.5mm, equivalent to 33 - 165mm on a 35mm camera
- F3.3(Wide) - F5.9(Telephoto)
- 8 groups 8 lenses
- Approx. 7.2x (up to approx. 36x, with 5x optical zoom)
- F3.3 / F8.0(Wide)
- F5.9 / F14.4(Telephoto) with ND filter
- Normal- Wide : Approx. 45cm to infinity / 1.5ft. to infinity; Telephoto : Approx. 80cm to infinity / 2.6ft. to infinity
- Macro- Wide : Approx. 10cm - 80cm / 3.9in. - 2.6ft.; Telephoto : Approx. 60cm - 1.0m / 2.0ft. - 3.3ft.
- Auto / Equivalent to ISO 100 / 200 / 400 / 800 / 1600 / 3200* (Standard Output Sensitivity)
- TTL 256-zones metering
- Programmed AE
- SR Auto, Auto, P, Movie, Natural Light & with Flash, Natural Light, Portrait, Baby, Smile & Shoot, Landscape, Motion Panorama, Sport, Night, Night (Tripod), Fireworks, Sunset, Snow, Beach, Party, Flower, Text
- Digital Image Stabilization
- -2.0EV - +2.0EV 1/3EV step
- (Auto mode) 1/4 sec. to 1/1400 sec. (All other modes) 8 sec. to 1/1400 sec.
- Max. 1.1frames / sec
- Single AF / Continuous AF (SR AUTO, Movie)
- TTL contrast AF
- Center / Tracking
- Fine, Shade, Fluorescent light (Daylight), Fluorescent light (Warm White), Fluorescent light (Cool White), Incandescent light
- Approx. 10 sec. / 2 sec. delay
- Auto Flash (i-flash)
- Normal- Wide: Approx. 60 cm - 3.0 m / 2.0 ft. - 9.8 ft.; Telephoto: Approx. 60 cm - 2.0 m / 2.0 ft. - 6.6 ft.
- Macro- Wide: Approx. 30 cm - 80 cm / 1.0 ft. - 2.6 ft.; Telephoto: Approx. 60cm - 1.0m / 2.0ft. - 3.3ft.
- Red-eye removal OFF: Auto, Forced Flash, Suppressed Flash, Slow Synchro.
- Red-eye removal ON: Red-eye Reduction Auto, Red-eye Reduction & Forced Flash, Suppressed Flash, Red-eye Reduction & Slow Synchro.
- 2.7-inch, approx. 230,000 dots, TFT color LCD monitor, approx. 96% coverage
- 1280 x 720 pixels / 640 x 480 pixels / 320 x 240 pixels (30 frames / sec.) with monaural sound.
- SR AUTO, Face Detection, Auto red-eye removal, Blink detection, Framing guideline, Automatic LCD brightness adjustment
- Face Detection, Photobook assist, Image search, Erase selected frames, Slide show, Auto red-eye removal, Protect, Crop, Resize, Image rotate, Mark for upload, Multi-frame playback (with Microthumbnail), Panorama, Favorite Other functions PictBridge, Exif Print, 35 languages selection, Time difference, Discharge option for rechargeable Ni-MH batteries, Silent mode
- Video Output- NTSC / PAL selectable with monaural sound
- Digital Interface- USB 2.0 High-Speed
- 2xAA type alkaline batteries (included) / 2xAA type Ni-MH rechargeable batteries (sold separately)
- 93.0(W) x 60.2(H) x 27.8(D) mm / 3.7(W) x 2.4(H) x 1.1(D) in.
- Minimum depth: 22.0mm / 0.9in.
- Approx. 119g / 4.2oz. (excluding accessories, battery and memory card)
- Approx. 168g / 5.9oz. (including accessories, battery and memory card)
- 0°C - 40°C
- 10% - 80% (no condensation)
- Approx.180frames (Auto mode), Alkaline
- Approx.480frames (Auto mode), NiMH(2700mAh)
- 2xAA type alkaline batteries
- USB cable
- Hand strap
- Owner's manual
- Optional accessories AV cable AV-C1
- HD Player HDP-L1