D-Link introduces the latest addition to its multimedia family of products: the D-Link MediaLounge DSM-320 Wireless Media Player. The DSM-320 integrates home computer systems and home entertainment centers. Digital media content can be accessed directly from a computer. Movies, music, and photos can be enjoyed from the comfort of the living room. The DSM-320 connects easily to a wired or wireless network. The DSM-320 features 802.11g wireless technology for transfer speeds up to 54Mbps on a wireless network and can connect to a wired network at speeds up to 100Mbps. These options provide you with the maximum throughput for sharing and transferring digital media.
Comments about D-Link MediaLounge DSM-320 Wireless Media Player:
1) Poor wireless performance. You will not be able to watch ripped DVD's on it, or any videos requiring a large bandwidth.
2) The codec support is a joke. There are MANY kinds of video, and just because this thing says it supports any particular format like mp4, don't believe it. It will only play approximately 1 in 4 of my videos.
3) Encryption is WEP or none! Since WEP is very insecure, this device mandates an insecure wireless network.
4) Fast forward & rewind functions don't work on most of the few remaining supported codecs!
5) The processor in it is so slow that many of the videos that could otherwise work drop many or most of their frames, making it very choppy.